Chicago Bulls cake

Did I ever mention on this blog that I love the NBA?

Yeah I think I did. Several times. I don't know if you read these posts, but last year during my birthday and while the Boston Celtics were battling with the Philadelphia 76ers in the second round of the playoffs, I made myself a Boston Celtics themed cake. Then last July, during my sister and my dad's NBA themed birthday celebration, I made a Chicago Bulls and Miami Heat cake for each of them.

Well, just a few days before my birthday this year, I was asked by a client to remake my sister's Chicago Bulls cake. Since this will be the second time for me to make the cake, I vowed to make it a better and more improved version. Well, I think I accomplished that by changing the background color to orange (to symbolize a basketball...I also placed the ball's lines in black fondant) and by using the logo on my Bulls shirt as a template.

basketball themed cake
Chicago Bulls birthday cake for 1-year-old Marion
Cake is a 10-inch chocolate fudge cake

My latest Bulls cake is just as mean but not as sloppy as my first one. I think I did a very good job. If I get to make this cake for the third time, It should be much better than this.

So what do you think of this Bulls cake? Do you think Derrick Rose will love it?

Comments