Last Sunday's cowboy cakes and cupcakes

I am so excited to share my cake last Sunday. I think I did a pretty good job with it, and I am just so proud!

I was asked to feature cowboy boots on top of a two-tier cake. I haven't done this before, and it was clearly a challenge. But since I love challenges, I said yes even if I was a bit nervous. What if my boots didn't look like boots at all? I was very excited though, and I saw it as another opportunity to test my capacity and ability.

It took me a very long time to figure out how to make these boots. I knew that I had to use rice krispies for the structure, but the idea on how to put everything together came to me just a few hours before the cake was due. Here's the wonderful result:

(Photos by Edge Photography
https://www.facebook.com/edgephotographyphilippines
www.makedotedgy.com)






I can't help but be proud! I think my boots turned out very well. Here's how they looked when I started:

I used one pack of Caramel flavored Power Pops as a base then used fondant to fill up the spaces and form the rounded edges.

To achieve the light brown/tan shade, I colored the fondant with orange Americolor gel, then added a drop of  brown Americolor gel. I then painted the boots with vodka to make them shiny.

I am so happy that I accomplished this. On to my next cowboy cake!


Comments