Sprinkles!

I love sprinkles! They make anything and everything look so festive. I use them on cakes, cupcakes, cakepops, and cookies. The burst of colorful just makes me so happy! Take a look at the stuff that I recently  decorated with loads and loads of sprinkles.

I made this cake for my mom's 60th birthday dinner at home (I made her another cake for her party at the office, but that's another post.) This is a chocolate cake frosted with chocolate ganache.

This is for my friend's dad today. Caption says "Happy Birthday to the Best Papa in the World." Cake is a vanilla sponge with strawberry and honey filling frosted with vanilla buttercream. I used strawberry preserves, honey, and a bit of strawberry liquer for the filling.


Birthday cupcakes for my nephew Rei Nino. Isn't the bear cute?
I just want to show you my adorable bear. But I digress.

I had some cakepops success yesterday. Save for the cracks, they were nearly perfect.

Some cake decorators may say scoff at me and say that sprinkles are too simple or too plain. Yes, I admit that they may be a "quick fix" to your cake decorating woes, but never underestimate its ability to make your dessert shine. Happiness is a cupcake covered with lots of colorful sprinkles.

Comments