Here they are!
|Halloween shapes made from excess cookie dough and royal icing from Superman cookies|
|All dried up!|
|Me adding faces before eating them|
|Ready to eat!|
I've been making cookies for a long time but this is the first time that I got the right consistency for the royal icing. I've been using the Wilton Color Flow recipe since I began making sugar cookies, but it never came out perfectly just as they did when I made this batch. I think it must be because of the plastic squeeze bottle that I used. But then again, when I used a pastry bag and a steel icing tip, the royal icing still flowed smoothly unlike before. I still couldn't figure out what I had done differently this time. I hope I get the same results when I make my next batch of sugar cookies!