October 03, 2012

October is Pooh Month...and my frustration over not being able to draw

I am not yet done with Pooh! Believe me, I am just getting started. I have more orders this month for Pooh and his friends. I think Pooh might be my lucky charm. Anyway, here's the second batch of Poohness that I made.

Baby Pooh mugshot

Pooh and Piglet 
Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, and Piglet

Pooh with Roo, Eeyore, and Piglet

More friends

All the cupcakes I made today
My Pooh cupcakes are a hit! Well, who wouldn't fall in love with these cuties?

Anyway, a former schoolmate wants me to make a three-tiered cake for her brother. It's quite a complicated cake with a lot of details. These details, unfortunately, are all in my head. I can't translate them to paper. I JUST CAN'T FREAKIN' DRAW!!! I can sculpt these figures, but ask me to draw Pooh, and you won't get anything that you can appreciate. I'm having a really difficult time putting down my design in paper. It's a good thing that my friend got what I meant by discussing the details of each tier. All I could come up was a doodle of some sort. It's a pitiful sketch. 

My theory is that there's a disconnect in my brain. I lack that gene/cell/neuron that commands my hand to draw what I see in my head. Oh well...a girl can't have everything.

Until my next post!



2 comments:

  1. oooooooo!!! do you also do Adventure Time? where are you located sis?

    (following you via GFC... feel free to follow back)

    www.officiallygirlyfied.blogspot.com
    www.psychochicklessons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am from Dumaguete, Negros Oriental. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!