October is Pooh Month...and my frustration over not being able to draw

I am not yet done with Pooh! Believe me, I am just getting started. I have more orders this month for Pooh and his friends. I think Pooh might be my lucky charm. Anyway, here's the second batch of Poohness that I made.

Baby Pooh mugshot

Pooh and Piglet 
Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, and Piglet

Pooh with Roo, Eeyore, and Piglet

More friends

All the cupcakes I made today
My Pooh cupcakes are a hit! Well, who wouldn't fall in love with these cuties?

Anyway, a former schoolmate wants me to make a three-tiered cake for her brother. It's quite a complicated cake with a lot of details. These details, unfortunately, are all in my head. I can't translate them to paper. I JUST CAN'T FREAKIN' DRAW!!! I can sculpt these figures, but ask me to draw Pooh, and you won't get anything that you can appreciate. I'm having a really difficult time putting down my design in paper. It's a good thing that my friend got what I meant by discussing the details of each tier. All I could come up was a doodle of some sort. It's a pitiful sketch. 

My theory is that there's a disconnect in my brain. I lack that gene/cell/neuron that commands my hand to draw what I see in my head. Oh well...a girl can't have everything.

Until my next post!



Comments

  1. oooooooo!!! do you also do Adventure Time? where are you located sis?

    (following you via GFC... feel free to follow back)

    www.officiallygirlyfied.blogspot.com
    www.psychochicklessons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am from Dumaguete, Negros Oriental. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!