Happy Birthday to me!

Today is my 30th birthday, and about two hours before lunch time, I was still undecided about the cake I was going to make for myself. I am a huge Boston Celtics fan, and after their 101-85 win over the Philadelphia 76ers last Tuesday, I thought that I should make a Celtics cake. I waited until this morning before I made the cake because I didn't want to celebrate too early. I was thinking "What if they lose?" So I sat back, relaxed, and watched the game.

As their game went on, I was becoming more and more frustrated because they would obviously lose, and I didn't want to make the cake. I decided to think of some other alternatives. I thought why not make a Phillip Phillips cake since he won American Idol and I am a fan? I pondered on making a fondant guitar in his honor for several minutes.

I took out the red devil's eye cake that I baked ahead yesterday afternoon and prepared my stuff. I realized that I didn't want to make a guitar cake and that I loved Rajon Rondo and Kevin Garnett more than I loved Phillip Phillips (oh, the men in my life!). So what the hell! I went on and hastily decorated my 6-inch round cake with the Celtics clover.

Celtics' clover and the Big Four jerseys (from left to right): 20 for Ray Allen (partially hidden), 9 for Rajon Rondo, 5 for Kevin Garnett, and 34 for Paul Pierce.

My first bite would be Rondo's jersey.

KG is for my sister.
Happy Birthday to me! I was able to finish decorating the cake within an hour. I'll have to bake another cake for Saturday when I go out with some friends. It'll be a more girly and a more childish cake next time.


Comments